firstname.lastname@example.org | linkedin.com/in/sabrinasalazar | Bay Area, California
Currently: Freelance Concept Artist (2017-)
Telltale Games / Environment Concept Artist (Contract): March 2017, San Rafael, CA
Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series, Episode 2 & 3.
- Ideated and designed original props and environment assets.
- Provided orthographic views and reference images for outsource.
- Designed and painted logos and posters to populate environments.
- Set-dressed environments to create narrative and interest.
Edventure More / Animation & Games Instructor: June 2015 - June 2016, Palo Alto, CA
- Utilized knowledge in film and game mechanics to teach school year and summer camp students ranging from K-8 grade in stop motion animation, film editing, and 2d video game programming.
- Set standards for project outcomes and encouraged students to problem solve collaboratively and independently.
Song of Swords - Tabletop RPG / Freelance Concept Artist: Jan - Feb 2018
Fatal Studios / Freelance Concept Artist: Nov - Dec 2017
Trainwreck Games / Art Lead & Concept Artist: Jan 2016- Jan 2017, Santa Clara, CA
Ulama: Arena of the Gods. UCSC & SJSU Collaborative Game project.
- Organized the art team, set expectations, and facilitated communication between game programmers and artists.
- Designed in-game backgrounds to match style.
- Cleaned up assets and animations for production.
- Winner: Sammy Award for Excellence in Visual Art and UCSC selected E3 submission.
Adobe Film Project / Co-Background Lead & Color Artist: Jan - May 2016, San Jose, CA
4/4 Down Pour, Student Film.
- Explored color and painted comps to inform the color script and tone of the student film.
- Designed and painted 2d backgrounds to match style of project.
- Managed the team of background, asset, and credit design artists.
DAWNRUNNER / 2D Concept Artist: Mar - Dec 2013, San Francisco, CA
- Completed sci-fi/military costume designs and alien vehicle concept designs for a T.V. pitch of the Terminus TV Pitch.
San Jose State University, BFA Animation/Illustration May 2016, San Jose, CA
Shrunkenheadman Club member (2011- Present)
Adobe: Photoshop, Premiere, After Effects, InDesign, Illustrator. Autodesk Maya and Zbrush. Traditional media. Microsoft Office. Research & reference gathering. Perforce and JIRA.
- Schoolism London: Art Workshop - June 2017
- San Jose State: Saturday SHMorning Toons Charity Print Sale - Feb 2017
- GDC SF 2013 AV Tech Support - Mar 2013